Saturday, January 15, 2011

First pages (2)

786,
Early stages of drawing with a filt tip pen without a pencil to draw the outline. Lines are still unsure and a bit weak.
Inspired by Hugo Pratt's style to draw a character in one single line. Jacques Tardi followed in his footsteps.

On a different note, I have sent out a couple of e-mails submitting a little comic strip (which will be posted soon on this blog, God willing, after we're done with the first sketchbooks). I am on hold.
I don't mind rejection, I just dislike being hanged for a moment. Not knowing. That's the worst part. This 50/50 chance of either being in or out.
Then again, come to think of it, the purpose of a comic magazine, or a publisher is just a mean to get you to your destination. Maybe it's not written for you to use this mean as a way to reach your goal. If you don't get it, just keep trying. You'll get there. Just don't lose your integrity. (I am speaking to myself here mostly. As a self-reminder that I put on snooze a lot)
"But perhaps you hate a thing and it is good for you; and perhaps you love a thing and it is bad for you. And Allah [God] Knows, while you know not" (Qur'an, Surat Al Baqarah, 2:216)

No comments:

Post a Comment