Friday, February 18, 2011

John Porcellino

786,

I was first introduced to Porcellino's work through Mc Sweeney's #13. Discovering his little "supplement" in the book's jacket surprised me: I might have lived my life and never finding it. It was written for me to read his work. It spoke to me differently from the rest.


His work is like looking out the window and contemplating. Thinking, feeling, floating above everything.
Uncovering the little daily miracles, charms that go unnoticed to the untrained eye... of the heart.


Its simple lines are made so that the core of the story can reach your heart. Sometimes in comics, we look at the artistic lines, and are amazed by them which overrides on the story.
Here, it's what John P. says that counts more.

Follow his work on:
johnporcellino.blogspot.com
spitandahalf.blogspot.com
http://www.king-cat.net/

No comments:

Post a Comment